If you come to Kyrgyzstan, you have to visit a jailoo (high summer pasture) and other special places, to be alone with nature. Different tours are tailor-made for guests: hiking, on horseback or by car. During tours, you will enjoy the vastness of the mountains, purity of the air and water, meet interesting people and feel the depth and range of Kyrgyz hospitality.
And please remember it's necessary to treat carefully the nature and environment of the regions visited. Especially for the travelers the KCBTA "Hospitality Kyrgyzstan" has developed the following "Eco trekker’s Rules":
- Please respect local traditions, culture and religion.
- Pay fair prices for lodging, food and services. Buying local products benefits the local economy.
- Don’t forget to take off your shoes when entering a home.
- Don’t smoke in homes.
- Inform your host about your meal preferences.
- Always ask before photographing people and try to establish friendly contact before shooting. Please don’t pay money.
- Please don’t give anything to begging children.
- Wear good hiking shoes or boots as trails are slippery and stony. Bring warm clothes and a raincoat. Weather in a jailoo may be rainy and cold, even in summertime. Always have a flashlight, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- Use your head. Drinking alcohol while hiking is unsafe.
- Carry a plastic bag for litter. Pack up all non-biodegradable rubbish. Please don’t drop cigarette butts or candy wrappers.
- High altitude vegetation is frail. Avoid trampling and do not pick plants or flowers in quantity.
- Use toilets wherever available. Where are none, stay at least 40-50 m from streams and water sources and bury all waste and paper.
- Leave only footprints, take only photographs.